Inspiring Caring Leaders Across Cultures  

General FAQ Thais

The United States. The Fulbright Program in Thailand is a bi-national program for academic exchanges between Thailand and the United States.

The Fulbright Program provides grants with no string attached. However, Fulbright grantees are holders of J-1 visa and are therefore subjected to a two-year residency requirement. That means they are not allowed to work in the U.S. for 2 years after the visa expires. (Marriage to a U.S. citizen is not exempted.) You are also advised to check with your home institution for any further commitments.

No. You need to contact Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in your country of citizenship.