The 2022 Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA)* is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the U.S. Department of State, and implemented by IREX, a Washington, DC-based non-profit organization. TEA will provide international secondary school teachers with unique opportunities to develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills, and increase their knowledge about the United States.
Five (5) grants are available for Thailand for the academic year 2022. The six-week program will consist of academic seminars focusing on new teaching methodologies, curriculum development, lesson planning, and instructional technology training. Intensive English language instruction will be offered to teachers who need additional practice. The program will include a practicum of at least 40 hours with a U.S. partner teacher in a U.S. secondary school near the host university to actively engage participants in the U.S. classroom environment. Cultural enrichment, mentoring, and support will be provided to participants throughout the program. The grant period for Thai grantees is during Fall 2022: Cohort II: September – October 2022 (dates to be determined).
Online Application System: https://fulbright.irex.org/
Please read Program Announcement, Guidelines for Application Submission and Online Application Guide for Applicants as attached below, before starting your online application.
Important note: applicants are required to Submit online application in the system by 2 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 (Thailand local time and date)
CHECK LIST for TEA applicants:
- Be citizens of and residents in Thailand
- Not exceeding 50 years of age at the time of the application deadline
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a Thai university or higher
- Be secondary-level, full-time teachers of English, English as a Foreign Language (EFL), math, science, or social studies,
including special education teachers in those subjects
- 5 years of classroom experience at the time of submission
- Institutional Support and Reference Form (ISRF) / Recommendation must be submitted with the application. Recommendation
submitted separately will not be accepted.
- Leave Approval Form – by the school director for which you are employed.
-Transcript(s) (bachelor’s and/or master’s)
- Lesson plans (the file must not exceed 4 MB or 5 pages)
- Passport or ID card
For further information, please contact Khun Saithip at 02-285-0581/2 # 107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that beginning in 2019, the TEA Program will be known as the Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program, and therefore, all program policies and participants will be subject to the regulations for teacher exchange participants established by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB).