For university lecturers and recipients of the Royal Golden Jubilee under the Thailand Research Fund (TRF) undertaking doctoral programs in Thai universities to undertake part of their dissertation research in the U.S. – 6 months
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The program aims to develop the capabilities of doctoral candidates studying at Thai universities, particularly the university staff members, to conduct their research in the U.S. for six (6) months as a part of their doctoral dissertation requirements while building their professional network through contacts with American professors and scholars.
Up to five (5) grants are available annually, three (3) of which are for the Royal Golden Jubilee’s doctoral students, funded by the Thailand Research Fund (TRF) and two for general doctoral students.
The grant covers round-trip international travel expenses from Thailand to the United States, monthly stipend for six (6) months, health insurance coverage, and in-transit allowance. The Foundation will also provide preliminary and pre-departure orientations for the grantees while facilitating visa process and other relevant procedures.
FIELD OF STUDY
All fields are eligible except for medicine, dentistry, and nursing. Public health and allied subjects with no clinical practices are eligible.
NO. OF GRANTS
Up to 2 grants for general doctoral students and up to 3 grants for doctoral students under the Royal Golden Jubilee
Mid-June to October
- Be a Thai citizen in good health
- Be a Ph.D. candidate, who has completed coursework in a Thai university
- Hold U.S. immigrant visas or permanent U.S. resident cards (green cards), or dual (Thai and U.S.) citizenships
- Have had extensive experience in the United States during the previous five (5) years
- Have held a Fulbright grant within the past five (5) years
- Have received a J-1 visa within the past two (2) years
- Be physically present in Bangkok at the time of the interview
- Attend preliminary orientation during mid-February and pre-departure orientation during the second week of June
- Be willing and able to serve as a resource person and a cultural ambassador in the United States in seminars, conferences, or in other capacities requested by the host institution or community
- Be prepared to participate in academic and alumni activities related to the program upon return to Thailand
Tel: 0 2285 0581-2 Ext. 107