For Thai secondary school department heads to share their knowledge and teaching skills through coursework, intensive training, team-teach, and visits to relevant institutions – 6 weeks
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
TEA Program, implemented by IREX, a Washington, DC-based nonprofit organization, brings together 150-180 international secondary school teachers to the United States to develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills, and increase their knowledge about the United States.
Up to four (4) grants are available for this 6–week program in September-October every year. Successful Thai teachers will be placed at U.S. universities that are selected through a competitive process. The program consists of academic seminars focusing on new teaching methodologies, curriculum development, lesson planning, teaching strategies, and computer training. Intensive English language instruction will be offered to teachers who have a TOEFL ITP test score of lower than 425 or a TOEFL iBT lower than 40. The program will also include class observation at a U.S. secondary school to actively engage participants in the U.S. classroom environment. Cultural enrichment, mentoring, and support will be provided to participants throughout the program.
English, foreign languages (including Thai language), social science, mathematics, or science
NO. OF GRANT
Up to 4 grants annually
- Be a Thai citizen in good health, under 50 years of age at the time of the application deadline
- Be secondary-level, full-time teachers at the time of application and after return with at least 5 years of classroom experience in either English, social science, mathematics, or science
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Have approval for a leave of absence from the school/institutional administration
- Attend the pre-departure orientation during mid-August
- Be willing to participate in any academic activities organized by Fulbright or other related agencies upon return to Thailand
- Continue teaching for at least five years after completion of the program
No English proficiency score is required at the time of application. However, successful applicants will be provided with an official ITP TOEFL or TOEFL iBT test the following day after the interview. The selected candidates must have a score of at least 425 for ITP or 40 for iBT to be eligible for nomination to IREX.
Tel: 0 2285 0581-2 Ext. 107